Traditional Mai Tai
The Mai Tai is inextricably linked to the cocktail world of tiki. Trader Vic was the first one who developed this recipe and this cocktail became rapidly famous and the symbol of the tiki pop culture. A traditional Mai Tai is a simple, but well crafted, cocktail with just a few ingredients that enhance the taste of each other. The garnish is a representation of an island.
While there are many recipes out there, this recipe is the traditional one. One sip of it and you will understand why it became so famous back in the days and is now making a fierce comeback.
- 2 parts English Harbour Aged Rum
- ½ part Senior Genuine Orange Curaçao Liqueur
- ¼ part orgeat syrup
- ¼ part rock candy sugar syrup
- ¾ part freshly squeezed lime juice
- Crushed ice
- Garnish: mint sprigs and squeezed lime cut in half
- Double old-fashioned glass
How to prepare
Add ingredients to a shaker and fill with crushed ice. Shake well and strain into your glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with mint sprigs and the left-over lime shelf.